I love chicken parmesan but it’s often deep fried at my local Italian restaurants. I make my own baked chicken parmesan that has the same great flavor without all the grease! Serve your chicken parmesan over pasta with a side of roasted broccoli or baked zucchini for a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
BAKED INSTEAD OF FRIED!
I always think of Chicken Parmesan as being a complicated and labor intensive recipe – but I recently discovered that Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is not only easy, but quick enough for a weeknight dinner!
This is a great chicken breast recipe – cutting the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and then pounding them slightly to make them even thickness will help them cook quickly and really helps you achieve more of a restaurant quality taste
Baked Chicken Parmesan
This baked chicken parmesan is golden brown crispy chicken breasts smothered in marinara sauce and melted cheese. A lighter take on the classic chicken parmesan that tastes like something you’d get in a restaurant!
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts about 1-1 1/4 lbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or chopped parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the butter in a medium bowl.
- Place the Italian breadcrumbs, panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a large shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dip each chicken breast into the melted butter, then into the breadcrumbs to coat evenly.
- Place each chicken breast on a sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
- Coat the top of each chicken breast with cooking spray and drizzle any remaining butter over the chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place a few spoonfuls of marinara sauce and a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Heat the broiler, then put the pan of chicken back in the oven. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned.
- Sprinkle with basil or parsley, then serve.
Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 65g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 208mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 1160mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1045IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 373mg | Iron: 3.5mg